Titwood Bowling Club
Who we are
The Club was founded in 1890 and has played a central role in the social and recreational life of Pollokshieldsand the surrounding area ever since.
Our purpose is to promote participation in bowling and since first opening for play, the Club has enabled many to learn and enjoy the game whilst several have gone on to compete or represent at the highest level.
Space to play and socialise
The Club is fortunate to have two greens allowing members to turn up and play on most occasions. It also means we’ve been invited to host many Championships games, such as the recent Scottish Blind Bowling Championship.
Our greens are open from April to October. Off season,the Club remains open and has an active social calendar with a fully operational and well-stocked bar, including kitchen facilities.
A beer garden operates in the Summer months and the large outside space is a great spot to socialise and relax in the sun.
Modern and accessible facilities for all
Our members come from all age groups, from those in their 20s to 94 years.
The Club is committed to providing recreational, social, and informal learning opportunities for all members of the community. Run by volunteers we are accessed by 7,000 local people annually.
The Club is also committed to ‘accessibility for all’ and through successful grant apllications, this programme of improvements has included clubhouse and greenaccess ramps being installed.
The clubhouse was recently upgraded with new toilets (including an accessible toilet), as well as improved lighting and heating.
As well as events and meetings for community groups and charities, we regularly host family events including birthdays, anniversaries, christenings and funerals.
Photo credit - Saving Pollokshields Heritage
Our Arts & Crafts style pavilion was built in 1890 by the architects Clarke & Bell. Its conical roof (the last one remaining in Scotland) over-sails the geometrically patterned, half-timber rendered walls with their deep brick base course. The composition results in a large bow window overlooking the greens.